Panacea
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Panacea

Panacea Guild, The Maelstrom

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rosberg

Rosberg

A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg Empty
PostSubject: A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg   A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg Icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2008 6:34 pm

Hello, and welcome!
I will be your classleader through this journey, and would like to point out a few things.
So before you read this I do not want you to look at me as some dictator, I am just writing this "guide" so we can function just as good as everyone else in our raids, and so we can get the maximum possible damage out of us.
(Prepare for a minor wall of text, just to get you prepared to raid with us)

Talents and weapons
In this guild we mainly use the combat talent tree, since the key PvE talents (like Precision, Dual Wield Specialaziation, Improved Slice and Dice, Adrenaline Rush, Surprise Attacks and so on...) are placed in that tree. Its also possible for a small number of Hemmorage rogues to be recruited, like myself as this boosts raid mellee dps. I also would like to ask of you to use swords (and Sword Specialization ofcourse) while in raids. Since the extra hits pretty much increases our base damage from whichever gear you got, this will be the one we prefer.

I would also like to point out that depending on which weapons you got (daggers/maces) we could make an exception, as long as your aim will always be to getting a better sword.
Or if you feel that you REALLY don't want to, we could make an exception there aswell.

Gems and enchants
As for gems, I would like to see all of you equipped with Glinting Noble Topaz(4 Hit Rating + 4 Agility) gems on your red and yellow sockets!
As for blue sockets, Shifting Nightseye(4 Agility + 6 Stamina) or Balanced Nighteye(8 Attack Power + 6 Stamina) will be the choice of gem here, depending on what stats you need the most.
And the last but not least, the meta gem will always be Relentless Earthstorm Diamond(12 Agility + 3% Critical Strike Damage).

Following is a list of enchants for every piece of armor I would like you to get a.s.a.p.
Gloves - 15 Agility, but 26 Attack power will do fine in the meantime.
Legs - 50 Attack Power + 12 Critical Strike Rating
Boots - 12 Agility or Surefooted
Head - 34 Attack Power + 16 Hit Rating (requires Cenarion Expedition - Revered)
Shoulders - Well, not much to choose from. Just try to get exalted with either Aldor or Scryers to achieve the best shoulder enchant possible.
Cloak - 12 Agility or -2% Threat
Chest - 6 To All Stats will be the one you should aim for. But if you got a crappy blue chest, my understanding will be yours if you choose to enchant your chestpiece with 150 healthpoints.
Bracers - 24 Attack Power

For the weapons, Mongoose or Executioner will be the choice of enchants. Here the choice will be all yours, since I find both the enchants very viable for rogues.

Stats

The stat I will be very harsh on you about is hit rating. Without hit rating we are nothing, dump. Therefore, I will require you to have 125+ hit rating to raid with us. The less we miss, the more dps we will bring!

I can't say a certain number for agility. But attack power I would be glad if you tried to gain atleast 1500+ attack power.

And last but not least, critical strike rating. Here aswell I can't say a certain number of rating, but the percentage I would like you to have is atleast above 20%.

So for you guys that got dyslexia:
~125+ hit rating.
~1500+ attack power.
~20% crit rating.

Raid consumables
For poisons I would like you to use Anesthetic poison at all times, unless anything else is told! Since Anesthetic poison does not provide any additional threat, it makes it the most viable raid damage poison.

Potions and flasks/elixirs
Since we have no proper guardian elixirs I want you to use flasks for every raid. And this is the flask we will use, since it's the only one I see viable for rogues:
Flask of Relentless Assault

You got any questions or problems with this then /w me ingame. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fireflyer

PostSubject: Lol   A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:18 pm

One thing rosberg you ust did Ctrl+C Pizzker's guide for a raiding rogue xD
Back to top Go down
Rosberg

Rosberg

PostSubject: Re: A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg   A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it
Back to top Go down
Fireflyer

PostSubject: Re: A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg   A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 5:14 pm

Hehe good point but i still know all of you love me and want me back in the guild Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg   A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Rogues guide to Success by Rosberg
Page 1 of 1